Job Title: Case Manager Mental Health
Report to: Nurse Mental Health
Location: Azraq Camp
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scope of Work:
- Assist the case management teams in improving forms, care plans and mapping of community support services.
- Organize the development of initial care plan with focus on any immediate safety concerns.
- Develop care plans that are individualized and mutually developed with the client.
- Monitor on-going care plan development with special attention to safety issues and stabilizing the family from the effects of domestic violence.
- Coordinate the provision of social services to patients, families, and significant others to enable these parties to deal with the impact of illness on individual family functioning and to achieve maximum benefits from healthcare services.
- Conduct review for appropriate utilization of services from admission through discharge/termination.
- Evaluate client satisfaction and quality of care provided.
- Ensure involvement of local authorities, community leaders, and community groups in creating community network which increase access to better health and social services for vulnerable population of Jordan.
- Provide psychological assistance with the aim to improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their families, maximizing overall community well-being.
- Contribute to the case management file, including assessments, treatment plan and quality assurance measures (HoNOS). And client functioning scale.
- Administering medication.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by Supervisor.
- Provide CM sessions to the mental health cases, conduct comprehensive mental health assessment for the clients, and set a long / short term goals.
- Bachelor degree in psychology or any related majors.
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed between signed below.
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in
Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed