Job Title: Neurologist
Report to: MHPSS Coordinator
Location: Amman and Field
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- According to the program schedule, the Neurologist will provide his services in IMC supported mental health clinics (15 urbans and 4 in camps).
- The Neurologist will attend or review to cases with neurological symptoms or disorder across all IMC mental health clinics, based on need for proper follow up or newly identified concern.
- The Neurologist will strictly comply with the professional ethics and principles as well as clinical standards of Health and Mental Health practice under Jordanian and International Standards established by WHO and MoH.
- Medication treatment will only be delivered if the patient is present for the appointment.
- Ensure diagnosis and treatment regiments are consistent with ICD 11 and DSM-V criteria.
- Provide clinically appropriate follow-up for neurological patients as required based on the nature and severity of individual patients’ issues.
- Record all cases seen in the log books during each clinic session and ensure timely completion of documentation
- Contribute to the multidisciplinary team, including active participation in case conferences
- Contribute to the case management file, including assessments, treatment plan and quality assurance measures.
- Ensure proper and accurate recording of prescription and dispensing of drugs in the log book, the daily medication dispensing record and in individual drug stock cards for each clinic session.
- Contribute to the ongoing training and continuing education of case management team.
- Support the case management team in monitoring and following up with patients in emergency cases.
- Participate in clinical case conferences as needed, with the mental health/case management team.
- Comply with clinic hours and notify senior IMC staff of absence or tardiness.
- Assist in the facilitation of inpatient admissions as a last resort when clinically indicated.
- Initial neurological sheets to be documented
- Clients program sheet
- Monthly reports
- Jordanian board of doctors
- Reporting to the MHPSS coordinator
- Good in English language, speaking and writing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiency
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to details
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Self-reliant with an ability to take responsibility for an area of work and display initiative in solving problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Excellent face to face, telephone and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Team player with proactive and positive approach
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed.