Job Title: Gynecologist
Report to: Hospital Manager
Location: Irbid Hospital
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scope of Work:
- Overseeing antenatal care, gynecologic care and obstetrics care in Irbid Maternity hospital
- Supervision and oversight of midwives
- Provision of clinical management of rape, willingness to learn and follow associated protocols
- Performing deliveries when precipitous deliveries present to clinic. In the future, additional vaginal deliveries may be a part of clinical activities
- Identifying high risk pregnancies warranting transfer to hospital
- Providing referral services with a good understanding of transfer procedures within and out of camp
- Carrying out a clear, complete documentation of patient care and required forms
- Providing post-partum care.
- Providing clinic related procedures (ultrasound, intrauterine device insertion) with a demonstrated competency
- Administering appropriate treatment and counseling for sexually transmitted infections
- Adhere to infection control guide lines.
- Provide TA in development of health education material and health promotion campaign as necessary
- Having good communication skills.
- Advocate to patients.
- Maintain professionalism with colleagues.
- Any additional duties deemed by clinic management to be important for care of beneficiaries
- Gyn/OBS board issued by Jordan Medical Council or equivalent
- License to Practice in Jordan as Gyn/Obs Specialist issued by MoH
- Good English skills.
- 2 years of experience
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed