Job Title: Nurse
Reports to: Nurse Supervisor
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
- Promote and maintain a good standard of care and hygiene in the theater room and the sterilization department in collaboration with the surgical team and the sterilization nurse
- Ensure that OT is adequately stocked with supplies and essential equipment.
- Ensure correct preparation, handling use and storage of equipment and supplies in the operation theater and sterilization department.
- Ensure that all necessary instruments, supplies and equipment are prepared and date for each surgical procedure.
- Ensure that the programme for OT is prepared and arrange for the transport of patients to and from the operating table\operating theater in a timely manner.
- Assist with positioning, preparation and draping of patients prior to surgery and application of dressing following the surgery.
- Scrub for surgical procedures to prepare and handle surgical instruments and assist the surgeon.
- Maintain sterility of the operating field
- Ensure that compresses, needles and blades are counted when required.
- Ensure that instruments, trolleys and other equipment are decontaminated and cleaned following each procedure.
- Ensure that sharps and soiled linen are correctly and safety disposed of following each surgical procedure.
- Ensure that the regular programme of cleaning is carried out and participate in weekly cleaning.
- Ensure that the regular programme of maintenance of technical and non-technical equipment’s followed.
- Ensure the maintenance of adequate stocks of materials for routine OT consumption Followed.
- Able to perform the sterilization procedures’ in case of need.
- Participate in regular nursing meeting.
- Provide handover report between the working shifts.
- Cover other department if the work need it.
- Perform other duties assigned\requested by the line manager and hospital manager.
- Commit to a confidential clause: personal and medical information relating to patients which is during their hospital stay is strictly confidential.
- Years of experience: 2 min -10 max
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed