Job Title: Referral Doctor
Report to: Health Coordinator
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scope of Work:
- Supervision of referral team schedules and coordination, including schedules of referral officers, paramedics and ambulance drivers to ensure smooth service provision and optimum utilization of working hours.
- To provide medical consultation for patients referred by hospital ER and PHC clinics.
- Review all referred cases to determine complete documentation, accuracy of the differential diagnosis and take most appropriate and timely recommendation and actions.
- Review and indicate the need for referral for all elective cases.
- Ensure that documentation (proper referral form, and laboratory investigations) are transmitted to the outside referral center.
- Improvement of referral team records, and to establish and supervise the filing system and archives.
- Be the lead and responsible person to communicate with JHAS referral hub and if necessary with the external hospitals.
- Ensure follow up of referred cases in the referral facility as well as on medication, appointment and further required follow up.
- Follow on the feedback of referred cases and ensure that the feedback is communicated properly with the patient or attending physician.
- Guide and supervise the referral officers on priority setting, management of resources including the ambulances.
- In collaboration with paramedics’ focal point to ensure standardized medical escort, observation during transportation and proper documentation.
- Follow ECC pending cases and lead any request for prioritization and advocacy.
- Provide on job training to medical and referral staff.
- Supervise reporting of IMC referral activities/statistics and analysis of trends.
- Prepare the monthly narrative report of activity.
- Evaluate patients during clinical hours, to determine diagnosis and plan of treatment to be followed by GPs.
- To provide proper patient counselling and management of expectations for the denied cases.
- To act as the ultimate focal point for referral team including representation in all coordination and health meetings.
- To lead a monthly referral meeting to discuss challenges and new proposed ideas, and provide MoMs.
- To be active member on the monthly morbidity and mortality meeting ( + present interesting cases).
- To support medical team in day-to-day activities, in areas of specialty such as chronic patients, ER
- Board eligible Internal medicine or Family medicine doctor.
- License to practice in Jordan issued by Ministry of health.
- NGOs experience is preferable.
- Essential computer literacy (outlook, word and excel).
- Good English writing
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed between signed below.
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in
Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed