Job Title: Lab Technician
Report to: Lab Manager
Location: Zaatari Camp
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scope of Work:
- Performs a variety of technical laboratory duties. Performs routine and delegated duties according to departmental policies. Provide laboratory services according to national/MOH and WHO standards.
- To undertake professional duties under direction of the line manager;
- To support the clinical management of the patients in IMC clinics in the camp when required and as per as requested by attending physicians;
- To take, register, process and analyze blood and body fluids samples as per requested and in line with the policy of the IMC;
- Refer samples to external laboratory to be analyzed as per the agreed upon by the line manager and clinic management (clinical samples, Quality Control/reference laboratory, etc.)
- To plan and set-up the laboratory according to health standards as required by the supervisor/line manager and rules and regulations. This includes:
- Maintenance of laboratory stock and accurate record keeping of laboratory activities;
- Maintenance of proper storage conditions laboratory material and equipment;
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment;
- Follow hospital standards for the laboratory service
- To inform immediately clinical staff and line or Clinic Manager of any critical delay or breakdown in essential laboratory services
- To provide regular and timely reports; to be agreed upon with the line manager;
- To train clinical and other hospital staff in his/her capacity and attend in-service training as per agreed upon with the line manager;
- To work according to the Ministry of Health / WHO and hospital guidelines, including quality assurance;
- Share and develop technical skills with the colleagues as part of a mutual capacity building objective;
- Perform other duties assigned/requested by the line manager and Clinic Manager
Qualifications & Skills:
- Laboratory Technician Diploma/ Bachelor.
- Years of experience required are from 2 to 3
- NGOS experience preferable.
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed