Job Title: Nurse
Report to: Nurse in Charge
Location: Azraq Hospital
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scope of Work:
- this position will work in the pediatric ward
- Support and promote the implementation of safe quality health care practice for patient as set by state board of nursing and midwife.
- Maintain high professional stands of nursing care and provide a good role model.
- Identify and assess patient care needs and develop appropriate programmers of care in accordance with clinical protocol and nursing guidelines and procedures.
- Actively participate in direct patient care.
- Maintain accurate written patient records.
- Ensure the continuity of patient care by both written and verbal handover of patient care from one shift to another and when transferring patient.
- Identify and respond to high risk patient and initiate emergency care when necessary.
- Participate in regular nursing meetings.
- Provide handover reports between working shifts.
- To communicate and cooperate effectively with multidisciplinary team.
- Identify training needs in less experienced staff and participate in service training programmers.
- Provide supports to relatives and attendance.
- Ensure good standards of hygiene in the ward.
- Ensure the maintenance of adequate stocks of material of routine ward consumption.
- Contribute to corrects drug stock control and efficient use of hospital equipment’s.
- Ensure promote reporting and submission of internal request repairs of non-functional equipment’s (medical and non-medical) to the appropriate departments of repair.
- Perform other duties assigned requested by the line mangers and hospital manger.
- Commit to a confidential clause: personal and medical information relating to patients which is obtained during their hospital stay is strictly confidential.
- Engage in research activities related to nursing.
- Work with individuals, groups, and families to plan and implement programs designed to improve the overall health of communities.
- Cover other department if the work need it.
Education/Degree: Bachelor degree in Nursing
- Years of experience: Min (2) – Max (10)
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed