Job Title: Admin Officer
Report to: Project Manager
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scope of Work:
- Program development, implementation and support
- Assist the relevant managers as needed to ensure the timely development and implementation of work plans
- Prepare and implement the promotion plan for IMC services in each of the locations with assigned volunteers.
- Follow up with volunteers and keep records for their working hours.
- At field site level, ensure that program activities take place according to plans.
- Coordinate all trainings and arrange with trainers to make sure trainings are implemented and provided to volunteers and provide feedback on trainings.
- Provide all volunteers with capacity and trainings to implement home visits and promote IMC services.
- Support the project manager to ensure timely delivery and availability of tools to implement program activities according to work plan, through coordination with field manager/logistics.
- Help program manager by monitoring the targets for each project indicator.
- Work closely with the program team and actively contribute to team building
- Coordinate with project manager and ensure work places comply with all visibility related matters per respective donor guidelines.
- Responsible for making the feedback box available and accessible
Logistics and Security:
- Provide logistics and finance departments with document related to the volunteers working hours with verifications
- Work with project managers, field manager and logistic team to come together and develop and update procurement plans for each location.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure timely submission and processing of procurement requests.
- Support the Project Manager to coordinate with local government to seek approvals and follow up on sites permissions or any other related matters
- Support the Project Manager to ensure all resources and supplies are received, stored and dispatched in accordance with IMC’s procedures and are used judiciously for their intended purposes.
- Make sure sites clean, healthy, and well organized and meet IMC’s safety standards.
- Ensure all IMC sites safe and secured during working hours and after working hours in coordination with security managers.
- Support security manager by reporting any security concerns or incidents related to staff, vehicles location, and situation in area.
Administrative and HR
Work with project manager and HR and ensure that:
- Staff attendance sheets are completed and time sheets are submitted to the HR department in Amman timely.
- Support project managers by collecting timesheets, cross check them with project managers and share them with HR.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Support the Project Managers to ensure relevant guidelines, manuals, forms, posters, etc. are available in each of the work places (i.e. PSEA materials, IMC service guides, IMC code of conduct)
- Ensure that staffs and volunteers adhere to the IMC code of conducts in the execution of their duties.
- Education/Degree: Bachelor Degree in English Literature, English Language, Business Administration, or Engineering.
- Years of experience: Min (0) – Max (2)
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principle
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- A team player with leadership skills
- Excellent command in English
- Experience in health facilities is a plus
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed