Lutheran World Federation
The Lutheran World Federation, in response to the Syrian refugee crisis, established operations in Jordan in 2012. The Lutheran World Federation is assisting refugees and vulnerable groups in Amman, Zarqa, Irbid, Mafraq and Za’atari camp.
Purpose of the position
The Operations Coordinator assumes overall responsibility for managing all aspects of Human Resources (HR), Admin and Logistic activities of the LWF World Service Jordan and Iraq country programs. She/He ensures that a framework is in place with policies, SOPs and templates to make sure it is clear for the staff what they are expected to do.
Her/His direct supervisor is the Country Representative for Jordan and Iraq and she/he shall take technical advice from the World Service Global Finance Coordinator and HR Coordinator in Geneva.
The Operations Coordinator will supervise the country program HR and Logistic teams in Jordan and Iraq.
University degree in an operational related study.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior operational position on similar level.
- Significant working experience at management level in humanitarian assistance or development oriented programs within an international environment and preferably with non-governmental organizations.
- Knowledge of the donor reporting requirements, such as ECHO, USAID or other institutional funding agencies.
- Experience in cooperation with institutional donors and governmental agencies.
- Strong leadership, conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated organizational, management and supervisory skills.
- Experience of international development cooperation and/or humanitarian assistance.
- Team-oriented, flexible and with excellent communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Excel.
- Experience and knowledge of LWF or other faith-based international organizations would be an added advantage.
English and Arabic advanced written and oral skills
- Adhere to and act in accordance with LWF’s standards and professional conduct and other organizational policies.
- Work closely with the Country Representative and other members of the Management Team to ensure a strong partnership is developed and maintained between Operations, Finance and Programs.
- Ensure the compliance with the LWF World Service Operations Manual, including procedures for electronic data storage, backups and security, and make sure that where relevant sections are made specific for Jordan and Iraq
- Provide feedback to LWF World Service head office in Geneva on practical problems in ensuring compliance with LWF HR, Procurement and Operations Manuals and provide suggestions for improvements/revisions.
- Monitor compliance of operational procedures with national regulations and advise management where to make changes or where the risks are from an organizational level.
- Supervise the HR team and ensure recruitment of staff is timely and a transparent selection process is in place, that performance of staff is monitored and filing of HR related documents are systematically done.
- Monitor the preparation of salaries and allowances for the local staff; ensure the timely payment of taxes, insurance and benefits. Ensure the maintenance of accurate payroll records.
- Ensure that the Logistic team provides efficient support to the programs and does so in accordance with internal regulations and external donor policies and procedures
- Oversee the work of the safety and security in Jordan, ensuring sound policies and standard operating procedures are in place, ongoing security context and risk assessments are carried out and making sure that staff is aware of the security framework for LWF Jordan.
- Verify that information technology policies and procedures are documents, known by the staff and applied across the country program.
- Coach, train and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance.
- Supervise and mentor direct staff, including communication clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing document semi-annual performance reviews.
- Liaise at the appropriate level with banks, tax authorities and other relevant institutions.
- Supervise the insurance policies as required by law for national staff, vehicles, as well as public liability insurance, fire insurance, etc. Prepare and submit to LWF World Service Geneva, if applicable, monthly reports on visitors and other persons to be included under the group insurance policies.
- Act as contact with auditors on internal control matters on logistics and HR and, in consultation with the Representative, make available to them all records required. Ensure that internal controls are properly in place, including regular visits to project offices. Ensure proper follow up is given to the management letters of the auditors on logistic and HR matters.
- Work with administrative staff and the Representative to ensure smooth office operations and cost savings where possible.
Assure highest standards of financial management and accountability of the Jordan and Iraq country program in line with LWF World Service and donor policies and international standards.
Employement Type :
Minimum Experience :
Minimum Experince Years :
Job Location :
Even if you don't match the criteria !!!
We are always looking for talented people in different fields.
Create your own profile using your LinkedIn for future reference.
Create your profile Now!