Job Title: Case Manager Mental Health
Report to: Senior Program Officer
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize the development of biopsychosocial initial care plan with focus on any immediate safety concerns.
- Monitor on-going care plan development with special attention to safety issues and stabilizing the family from the effects of domestic violence.
- Establish long-term goals in case planning, which can include family stability.
- Establish short-term goals and include steps to address safety and immediate family stability.
- Ensure that all care plan activities have time lines and support services.
- Coordinate the provision of social services to patients, families, and significant others to enable these parties to deal with the impact of illness on individual family functioning and to achieve maximum benefits from healthcare services.
- Serve as a client Advocate.
- Enhance a collaborative relationship to maximize the client’s and family’s ability to make informed decisions.
- Conduct review for appropriate utilization of services from admission through discharge/termination.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team, and actively participate in case conferences
- Evaluate client satisfaction and quality of care provided.
- Ensure involvement of local authorities, community leaders, and community groups in creating community network which increase access to better health and social services for vulnerable population of Jordan.
- Contribute to the case management file, including assessments, treatment plan and quality assurance measures (HoNOS) and client functioning scale.
- Provide regular updates and reports to senior management staff as required; contribute to donor reports and internal IMC reports as required
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by Supervisor.
- Assigning cases and managing caseload to case managers
- Attending and Representing IMC role in local committees meeting regularly
- Attending and Representing IMC role in organization coordination meeting regularly
- Drafting clinic monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Supervising dispensing medication to clients in coordination with clinic nurse
- Managing admin cases
- Managing clinic logbook and client list information and matching existing clients
- Managing Referral ins and outs from other organizations through phones and emails
- Mapping NGOs and CBOs with IMC mandate and conduct regular visits to benefit IMC
- Planning and managing clinic events, awareness sessions, and activities
- Recruiting clinic volunteers and administrating their work
- Responsible of disseminating all information from and to other IMC locations and staff when required and requested
- Responsible of medication physical inventory at the clinic and requesting medications when needed by end of each month in coordination with clinic pharmacist
- Supervising clinic staff and administration role
- Supervising project target and attaining target with team
- Minimum Bachelor degree required in a field related to the social sciences, psychology, social work, or counselling
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an MHPSS related role
- Desirable: + 1 year of experience working with an INGO
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed