Job Title: Dental Assistant
Report to: Dentist
Location: Azraq Hospital
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scope of Work:
- Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse
- Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
- Teaching patient’s appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
- Performing clinic management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer
- Communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies)
- Helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery
Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Bachelor degree in Dental Hygienist.
- Have a license practice.
- Not less than two years of experience.
- Candidate is Preferably to have a pervious NGO experience
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed